Menopause is a natural change in a woman’s life which marks the end of her fertility. It is an unescaped period in the life of woman’s so far she lives to see that day.
There is a period in woman’s life known as the menopause transition or perimenopause which includes both the period leading up to menopause and the actual menopause. Each woman’s experience of menopause
differs. As a result most women begin their menopause transition at their 40’s while some start as late as their 60’s.Women who had not conceive before can still conceive after their menopause even as late at 60’s. That is why some barren women still conceive at the age of 50’s, 60’s irrespective of their menopause status.
While some women stop menstruating suddenly, most menstruation ceases gradually.
Symptoms of perimenopause and menopause
Symptoms vary from woman to woman. Some women may experience skipping of periods, hot flashes during perimenopause and menopause, bleeding or extra heavy periods, low energy, disrupted sleep, depression, poor mood, poor concentration and low memory.
Coping With Menopause
– Victims should strive hard to take care of their health in order to renew their energy and vitality.
– Let your love ones -especially your partner knows about what you are going through-so that they will not worry too much when they notice your unusual behavior.
– Exercise can help to reduce insomnia, increase energy and general well-being as well as reducing other menopause symptoms.
– Having a balanced diet will also do good. Try varied and dietary changes such as avoiding spicy, sugary and foods with caffeine.
– Menopause women should quit smoking and limit or quit alcohol as this will do more good than harm to their health and general well being.