Anxiety is a normal human felling of nervousness or worry that everyone experiences at one moment of our life or another. However, anxiety becomes anxiety disorders when a sufferer continue to feel anxious, nervous or panic even after there is no more need to do so.
6 common types of anxiety disorder
Victim always feel that an attack is going to happen repeatedly. Feeling of insecurity and total avoidance of places or thing that cause the attack are common among sufferers.
Symptoms of panic disorders
Fast heart beat, excessive cold sweat, difficulty in catching breath, feeling of dread, anxiety, mental confusion, chest pain, craziness, choking etc.
2. Obsessive – compulsive disorders – the sufferers are made to perform certain unnecessary routine or activity habitually.
An example is a person who constantly washes his/her hands because of the fear of contacting disease. The disturbing thoughts are known as obsessions while the routine is referred to as compulsion.
Another example is thinking over a past mistake, bad formal way of life or failed exams and always trying to reanalyze the past from every possible angle. People that turned drunkard in order to overcome thinking or anxiety is another good example.
3. Post – traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
As the name implies is a disorder that develop after going through a traumatic experience such as the sudden death of a love one, physical assault, rap, accident or natural disaster.
Being irritable, emotionally numb, lost of affection for things you once enjoyed such as associating with your loved ones, aggressiveness, violent, frightening and avoidance of situations or things that can bring back the old memory.
4. Social phobia or social anxiety disorder
People with this disorder are overwhelmed by what others think or say about them. They are too concern about their social status therefore they are excessively anxious and conscious in their daily social situations.
Misbehaving, fear of been judged, watch or ridicule by others. Avoid participating in social activities in school, work or community.
Too much thinking and preparation before attending social gatherings, restricted religion activities, have no or low number of friends, failing to show up for appointment or event from excuse of having no proper wears or fall in beauty or body size.
5. Specific phobias
This is also a type of anxiety disorders. A specific phobia is in unnecessary constant fear of specific object or situation such as snakes, automobile, height, dream, gun, flying, sex, opposite set, tribe, hospital, police, alcohol, drug etc.
6. Generalized anxiety disorder
– Sufferers tend to always look forward for disasters and filled with excessive, unrealistic tension and anxiety even if there is little or nothing to worry about
Suffers think of every activities with nervousness, excessive concerned about money, health, personal and family problems, difficulties at work, school and society, religions gathering etc
Treatments for anxiety disorder sufferers
– Get medical help as soon as you notice any signs or symptoms of any of the above 6 common types of anxiety disorders
– Anti anxiety, antipsychotic, antidepressant and stimulant medications can be helpful to anxiety disorder suffers. However, it is advisable to consult a doctor for proper prescription.
– Think about the medical end results, therefore learn to develop managing skills of your type of anxiety disorder.
– Various types of therapy for anxiety disorders are also recommended as it helps sufferers to overcome phobias, fears, anxiety and nervousness.
– Proper relaxation and getting enough sleep can really help to overcome or reduce the occurrence and effect of anxiety disorder.
– Sufferer ,families and friends should keep learning about the particular disorder affecting them or their love ones.
– Anxiety disorder sufferers need the support, understanding, care and comfort of those around them in order to be able to live through their disorder.