What Affects My Blood Glucose Levels?
It is important to understand what can make your blood glucose rise or fall, so that you can take steps to stay on target.
Things that can make blood glucose rise:
1. A meal or snack with more food or more carbohydrates than usual
3. Side effects of medications
Infection or other illness
4. Changes in hormone levels, such as during menstrual periods
Things that can make blood glucose fall:
1. A meal or snack with less food or fewer carbohydrates than usual
2. Extra activity
3. Side effects of other medications
4. Missing a meal or snack
5. Drinking alcoholic beverages (especially on an empty stomach)