Gestational diabetes (GDM), or diabetes amid pregnancy, is when ladies have diabetes amid pregnancy. They’ve never had diabetes, and it goes away after pregnancy.
Once you’ve had GDM odds are high that it will return in future pregnancies. What’s more, ladies who have had GDM are more than 7 times as prone to have type 2 diabetes as ladies who didn’t have diabetes in
There are numerous other wellbeing conditions that raise danger of having gestational diabetes. Such factors include overweight, high blood glucose, horrible cholesterol, hypertension, smoking, not sufficiently physical action, and horrible eating.
Let us look at ways in which we can lower our risk of getting gestational diabetes
1. Get thinner. Losing even a couple pounds can help you control gestational diabetes and forestall type 2 diabetes.
2. Settle on sound sustenance decisions. Take after basic day by day rules, such as sufficiently eating crisp vegetables and natural products, and entire grains. Good dieting propensities can go far in forestalling diabetes and other wellbeing issues.
3. Stay dynamic. General activity can help avert sort 2 diabetes. Furthermore it can help you shed pounds, oversee stretch, and feel better. Take in more about physical movement
4. Breastfeed. Breastfeeding can give both short-and long haul advantages to both your child and to you.
5. Converse with your specialist. Make certain to tell your social insurance suppliers that you’ve had GDM.
6. Do regular check up. On the off chance that you had GDM, you ought to be tried for diabetes 6–12 weeks after you conceive an offspring and make sure you do medical check up at regular intervals.