1. The first thing, you’ll do is to go to your WordPress admin area and click on Plugins » Add New.
See the red arrow in the image above.
2. The second step is to find the plugin by typing the plugin name or the functionality you are looking for.
3. Thena bunch of listings like the example below will pop up
4. Let assume, you search for jetpack plugin. After it appears, click the ‘Install Now’ button.
5. WordPress will now download and install the plugin for you.
6. Then, you will see a message that your download is successful and an activation link to activate the plugin or return to plugin installer. You might not even be taken from the search or download page before telling you to activate.
7. You should know that a WordPress plugin you installed cannot work unless you activate it. So, click on the activate plugin link to activate the plugin on your WordPress site.
That’s it. Your first WordPress plugin has been installed
8. Some plugins need setting before some or all of its function will work while some do not need setting.
9. If your installation is successful, it will take you to the installed plugin page where you will see list of plugins you’ve installed.
10. Other times, when you want to install new plugin, repeat the steps above. And, if you want to check your already installed plugins, visit your dashboard admin area, click on plugin, then installed plugins, it will take you to a page where your installed plugins are.